Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Natosphere -- The Washington Post has written on that corner of the blogging community devoted to commenting on Washington's miserable excuse for a major-league baseball team, our beloved Washington Nationals. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/05/AR2007020501456.html.

I'm sure I wasn't one of the blogs that Barry Svrluga, the Post's Nationals beat reporter, had in mind, but I'd like to think I can be a valuable contributor to the community. I've been posting on the Nats since this blog started just over six months ago -- but most of the Natosphere has been at it for a year or two.

It's encouraging to read that Stan Kasten does check the blogs to see what folks are saying. Hopefully, Kasten gets more out of it than just finding out how the Nats are playing among their fans. Sportstalk radio can be mind-numbing, but the blogs are consistently thoughtful efforts by intelligent folks who make a sincere effort to offer insightful analysis. Their advice comes free, but it's far from worthless.

This blog covers lots of material -- not just baseball. In DC, politics is the number one sport, with the Redskins, the Nationals, D.C. United, and the Caps and Wizards playing second fiddle, at best. I write about politics, the Nats and D.C United...and whatever else sounds interesting. While I do write about these other topics, I will continue to write about what's wrong -- and what's right -- about the Nationals. If you're looking for one more view, from a long-time baseball fanatic, stay tuned.

No comments: