Friday, August 04, 2006

Notice: Chase Utley is good. Actually, I've noticed this before. I voted for Utley, the Phillies' second baseman, on last year's All-Star ballots. But, this streak is something else -- now at 35 games. I didn't think he would be this good. In truth, I'm not sure I agree with the scoring decision on Utley's lone hit in Game 34 -- The pitcher who fielded Utley's weak chop spent too much time looking the runner back to third, before throwing too late to first base. Utley should've been out, at first, by a country mile. Instead, the streak continues. Still, Utley's streak is an amazing achievement.

Since I wrote about baseball earlier, I figured I was remiss not to mention the Utley streak. So, I figured I'd say something now, just in case the streak ends over the weekend...all of which brings me to the following:

Notice -- The Fisch Fry may be taking the weekend off -- it's not set in stone yet, but I'll probably be out of town and away from a PC.

Thursday was a red letter day for this blog -- the first time that 2 returning visitors checked out The Fisch Fry, on the same day. I don't want to disappoint my new audience -- if can post, I will. Check in, if you have the chance. If not, be sure to come back next week.

If I do go up to NY, I may get out to Shea, and catch Utley in action -- along with the Amazin's (that's the Mets, to the uninitiated). If I go, you can look forward to a report here on....The Fisch Fry!!!

No comments: