Sunday, November 05, 2006

A prediction for the MLS final: But, first, an important matter. I have four tickets to the MLS championship game (near midfield), and I am entertaining offers for them...They will go up for sale on ebay tomorrow, but I'll consider reasonable offers before then....Any Dynamo or Revolution fans interested in good seats? As always -- the email is fischy@comcast.net.

Now, on to my prediction: With no great insight on my part, I will offer an early prediction that the Houston Dynamo will subdue the New England Revolution in the MLS Cup final, next Sunday in Frisco, Texas. The Revs have the edge in goal, but the Dynamo looks the more dangerous side on offense -- especially with Clint Dempsey on the mend. Houston has history on its side. The franchise, playing as the San Jose Earthquakes, has won the MLS Cup in its two previous appearances in the Cup final. The Revs have come up a goal short in both of the team's prior appearances in the MLS Cup final. I think the pattern will continue: Dynamo wins 2-1.

No comments: